Which are the Best Places to Buy Used Vehicles?
Looking for the best place to purchase a used car? Buying a pre-owned car, truck, SUV or minivan is a very smart way to save money. The process of getting the perfect vehicle, however, may feel very daunting. Unless, of course, you know just where to find a deal on a pre-owned car. We’ve reviewed the common places to buy a pre-owned vehicle. This way you can feel confident in identifying the appropriate option for you.
Not too long ago, hunting for a used automobile was a relatively simple process. Go to the local new & used car dealership nearest to you, pick out your ‘new’ model, negotiate the financing, bring it home, wash, rinse, and repeat every couple years.
That was another time… My how times have changed…
Used car shoppers in the twenty-first century have even more choices available than ever before. Therefore, to help you sort through all the options, our experts would like to help. Let’s take a closer look at all of the options that today’s contemporary used vehicle customers have to face.
Where Can I Get Used Automobiles Near Me?
The fast and easy answer to this question is to review the pre-owned inventory at a new and used car dealer. However, when you think about the increasing amount of car dealers, even that answer can hurt your brain. Then there are about the privately-owned used car lots dotting the automotive terrain to add into the equation.
For those who would rather not deal with car dealerships at all, there is always the option of purchasing a used car from a private seller. Finally, there is the increasing number of web-based used vehicle shopping websites. These do a great job of making the whole thing look and sound to be really convenient.
Thus, with all of these used car purchasing choices comes the inevitable question: Which is the best place to get a top of the line pre-owned car near me?
What are the Benefits of Buying Used Cars From a Neighborhood Dealership
Getting a used car from a dealer may seem like one of the most costly alternatives on the list, but before you reject the idea at the starting line, you may wish to consider the benefits a dealership provides to pre-owned auto buyers.
Below are simply a few of the primary advantages to getting a previously owned automobile from a franchised dealer:
- Franchised auto dealerships desire repeat business. Knowingly marketing overpriced ‘lemons’ creates the precise opposite of that. You won’t likely find one of those here at the dealer.
- Name-brand dealerships need to follow a stringent set of business and legal|lawful restrictions against deceitful selling methods. Cheating their buyers doesn’t simply cost them repeat purchasers, it can cost them their entire business, or result in hefty fines.
- With really unusual exceptions, car dealerships almost always have a group of highly trained mechanical specialists on site that check as well as fix every used car, truck, SUV, or minivan in their inventory prior to placing them up for sale.
- Car Dealers also have finance specialists with accessibility to a healthy and balanced network of banks all concentrated on one function – to help get you into the automobile you truly want.
Another benefit franchised dealers offer are special offers on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars:
- CPO vehicles are thoroughly evaluated and also repaired, as required. This substantially lowers the danger that you’re purchasing somebody else’s mechanical problems.
- Practically every CPO car will have guarantees and warranties that you merely are unable to receive from the rest of the used car purchasing choices.
- You will likewise get a detailed car background report with all used cars, and also particularly with all Certified Pre-Owned models.
The Bottom Line:
While the price on a dealerships’ used or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars may be a bit higher than, say, a private vendor, each used car shopper ought to take into consideration just how much they are willing to invest in the peace of mind and also auto finance assistance you can only enjoy at a name-brand, franchised auto dealer.
Things That You Must Think About When Purchasing From a Used Car Lot Nearby
Allow us to tackle a few realities. The sticker price on privately owned previously owned car lots can be challenging to reject. And, if the upfront price is your single factor to consider, then you will more than likely enjoy a far better money-saving offer at a nearby used car lot than you may find at a brand-new dealer. At the very least on the front end.
However, there are some rather substantial risks associated with purchasing from an independently owned used car lot. As an example:
- The danger of acquiring a ‘lemon’ is a lot higher. Used car lot ‘examinations’ are not virtually as thorough as a car dealership’s, normally talking, neither are private used car lots as anxious to spend cash on mechanical repairs on their inventory.
- Many private, car lots aren’t as concerned about repeat business as most traditional auto dealers. Aftermarket customer care is often lacking, especially if you encounter mechanical problems with your ‘new’ car.
- Most used car lots either do not have on-site finance aid or they have extremely minimal finance choices readily available. You can definitely pay for a pre-owned car or truck through your personal bank or cooperative credit union. Yet, you might figure out that your bank of choice isn’t as eager to assist you in financing a used car or truck as they are a new one.
- Private used car lots cannot offer manufacturer-backed Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) auto evaluations, guarantees, or offers.
Purchasing from used car lots boils down to trusting the seller to shoot straight and also back up their guarantees and promises they made when first attempting to offer you that ‘ideal’ car, truck, SUV, or minivan.
What Can Private Sellers Provide Pre-Owned Automobile Shoppers?
Again, if sticker price is your only consideration when shopping for a used car, truck, SUV, or minivan, then a private seller is more than likely the most effective option. When you take into consideration the truth that a lot of independent vendors are more interested in unloading their cars and trucks instead of making a living selling automobiles, you can absolutely discover some remarkable bargains using this alternative.
However, there are some points you’ll wish to consider before buying from a private vendor:
- This alternative is the utmost ‘buyer beware’ situation considering that independent sellers offer absolutely no warranties concerning the vehicle’s problem.
- If there are any type of concerns or issues with the car or truck when you purchase from a private seller, they will be your own to take care of when you take possession of the vehicle.
- Most private sellers provide no automobile history reports. You can certainly investigate the car’s history yourself, yet you’re absolutely on your own with this process.
- Independent sellers do not usually inspect and/or fix their vehicle prior to placing it on the market. Your personal auto technician can provide it with a once-over or checkup. However, if you’re trying to find a detailed, bumper-to-bumper examination, you’re shopping at the wrong place.
The Wrap Up:
This is a DIY process. Even when doing your own study, examinations, and finance. The risk of investing your hard-earned loan on a money pit is really high when purchasing a used automobile from a private seller.
The Pros and Cons of Shopping Online
Internet-based car purchasing is not brand-new. Most auto dealerships have actually provided online shopping alternatives for more than a few years. However, what is new is the growth of online used car web properties who focus on offering used vehicles. These solutions avoid the hassle of traveling to a dealership or a private owner to finish the sale. Here are the good, the bad, and the ugly points regarding internet-based pre-owned car shopping:
- A lot of internet pre-owned vehicle shopping can be completed in less than an hour, finance included, without the customer ever needing to leave the comfort of their own home.
- Online websites will deliver your new automobile right to your front door. This is the very definition of ‘comfort’.
- Most web-based websites offer a test time-period for you to try the automobile. If you are not satisfied, you can send it back for a complete refund, no charge to you and typically no questions asked.
- There is no way to test drive or check your vehicle before the delivery. While some sites do their most to provide photos, and even short videos of the car, truck, SUV, or minivan you want, images are unable to show every detail. Plus, a video cannot take the place of a real road-test.
- Eager to take your brand-new acquisition out for a spin? You have a little a delay in store. Sometimes it can be a couple of weeks, depending upon where the car, truck, or SUV is being shipped from.
- Talking about delivery, you’ll most definitely wish to take notice of the shipping fees on your invoice before signing.
- So, what happens if you’ve acquired a lemon? Many web-based auto suppliers do not have aftermarket repair solutions.
- Does the car or truck you’re buying on the web comply with the automobile emissions policies in the state you stay in? This can be an expensive oversight.
The appeal of internet-based comfort can usually mask possibly costly issues. Not to mention extreme aggravation when attempting to solve them through an exclusively online automobile site.
Is a Car Dealership the Best Place to Obtain Used Auto Financing?
Whether you’re purchasing a new, used or Certified Pre-Owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan, a lot of car dealers offer used car financing alternatives. Benefits of getting financed through the auto dealer are:
- Complete agreements at the car dealership as opposed to going back to the bank.
- Obtain the exact same, or in some cases better, finance prices than a financial institution.
- Occasionally you can take advantage of some incentives provided by the OEM on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars. This is something you certainly can not receive at a used car lot.
Get a Whole Lot More
As you can see, there is much more to consider when buying a secondhand car than simply the cash you spend and the time you save. If you’re looking for a little extra from your used automobile shopping experience, then the car dealership has the automotive knowledge and personalized solution you require to make an informed used car investment.
To learn more on looking for your following used car, contact our used sales team or merely check out our used supply.